DALLAS-(BUSINESS WIRE)–DECEMBER 22, 2022-
Mary Kay recently announced its sustainability strategy – Enriching life today for a sustainable tomorrow – which includes five pillars, 15 commitments and more than a decade of work. This strategy was developed with key Mary Kay stakeholders and is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, making Mary Kay an essential part of a global alliance to ensure a better future.
Mary Kay Inc. cooperates. With local and international organizations to further its mission of enriching women’s lives and providing educational opportunities to young women around the world.
As part of this overarching strategy and to continue her decades-long advocacy for women’s empowerment, education, and entrepreneurship, Mary Kay is committed to providing 250,000 young women with education opportunities by 2030. To further her mission of enriching women’s lives, partnerships and scholarship with local community and global organizations in 2022 ensured provision Exceptional educational opportunities for young women around the world to pursue their dreams.
2022 Mary Kay Inc. Partnerships/programs included:
- Young women in steam grant Six recipients received grants created to uplift young women in STEM fields and encourage them to pursue their passions and professional endeavors. The 2022 award recipients were from North Macedonia, Germany, the Philippines, China and Australia, pursuing careers in everything from application development and architecture to physics and geothermal inventions.
- Young Women in STEAM Continuing Education Scholarship — As an extension of Mary Kay’s Young Women in STEAM Scholarships and Social Campaign, 2021 scholarship recipient Ivanna Hernandez is awarded a second grant to help pursue her dream of becoming the first Latin American female astronaut to go to Mars. She was featured in a documentary created to inspire young women to shoot for the stars — or Mars in this case!
- Society of Cosmetic Chemists Madam CJ Walker Scholarship – was established to honor Walker, the first self-made millionaire woman who made her fortune by developing a line of cosmetics and hair care products for black women. At the SCC 75th Annual Meeting, Mrs. A’Lelia Bundles, granddaughter of Madam CJ Walker, and Michelle Hines, Ph.D., Director of Product Formulation at Mary Kay, presented Madam CJ Walker Scholarships to underrepresented minority students pursuing higher education in STEM-related majors cosmetics and personal care industry. The award is supported by the Society of Cosmetic Chemists and in partnership and funding by Mary Kay. The winners are: Joy Rutherford, fifth-year PhD student and research fellow at the National Institutes of Health; and Imani Eileen Porter, Hampton University sophomore in biochemistry.
- Entrepreneurship Education Network Partnership to provide 47,000 young people globally with entrepreneurial curricula and opportunities for innovative thinking. By supporting 1) the Core Program of the Aspiring Entrepreneurs Program (USA); 2) World Innovation Championship. 3) World Championships Days of Innovation Challenge Mary Kay helps empower young people to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams. In the 2021-2022 academic year, Mary Kay sponsored the NFTE World Series of Innovation (WSI) where 21 teams of budding social entrepreneurs won a total of $16,800 for their proposed solutions to seven challenges, each focused on advancing one of the Sustainable Development Goals. The seven innovation challenge sponsors included: Bank of the West, Citi Foundation, Mary Kay, Saint-Gobain North America, Ernst & Young, LLP (EY), Maxar Technologies, and Pimco. The 2022 Global Innovation Challenge World Championship launched in September 2022, and Mary Kay is participating for the third year to achieve SDG 14: Life Under Water.
- City of Louisville, EDU Incubator – In partnership with the Lewisville Independent School District (LISD), IncubatorEDU offers a robust entrepreneurship curriculum to Lewisville High School students. Community mentors and a presentation event at the end of the year provide students with real-world entrepreneurship experience and educational opportunities.
- Marketing Sciences Academy For more than 25 years, Mary Kay has supported the Mary Kay Dissertation and Dissertation Awards at the Academy of Marketing Sciences (AMS) Annual Conference where participating doctoral students present their successfully defended dissertations and receive a critical award and critical peer feedback to improve their chances of having their work published in academic journals In the future.
- Ursuline Academy of Dallas – Mary Kay Ash Awarded Scholarship – Scholarships are awarded annually to support girls with an education that equips them with the skills and confidence to do great things.
- Army Scholarship Foundation – Mary Kay Company Honorary Scholarship Scholarship awarded annually to deserving sons and daughters of U.S. Army soldiers, veterans, and spouses of active duty recruits.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarship awarded annually to support and empower students and parents with the knowledge and resources to successfully complete higher education, while providing support services and scholarships to as many outstanding students, HSF students, and alumni as possible.
About Mary Kay
One of the original glass ceiling breakers, Mary Kay Ash founded her dream beauty company in 1963 with one goal in mind: to enrich women’s lives. That dream has blossomed into a multi-billion dollar company with millions of independent sales team members in nearly 40 countries. As an entrepreneurial development company, Mary Kay is committed to empowering women in their journey through education, mentorship, advocacy, networking, and innovation. Mary Kay is dedicated to investing in the science behind beauty and manufacturing cutting-edge skin care, color cosmetics, nutritional supplements, and fragrances. Mary Kay believes in enriching lives today for a sustainable tomorrow, partnering with organizations around the world with a focus on promoting business excellence, supporting cancer research, promoting gender equality, protecting survivors of domestic violence, beautifying our communities, and encouraging children to follow their dreams. Learn more through marykayglobal.comFind us on FacebookAnd the InstagramAnd the linkedinor follow us Twitter.
View source version at businesswire.com:
Contact: Mary Kay Corporate Communications
972.687.5332 [email protected]
Keyword: Texas North America United States Asia Pacific Australia Australia/Pacific
Industry keynote: cosmetics retailing that continues tertiary education in the philippines
Source: Mary Kay
Copyright 2022 Business Wire.
Posted: 12/22/2022 11:05 AM / Disc: 12/22/2022 11:06 AM
Copyright 2022 Business Wire.